Since graduating in 2002 from Falmouth College of Arts (now Falmouth University) with a 1st Class Honours BA in Graphic Design, my experience in the design world started with working in a busy, multi-disciplinary design studio for over 10 years in the roles of graphic designer and project manager. I then chose to make the step and start up Oakshed design and have not looked back.
As a designer and project manager, I can bring a range of skills to your projects: I understand the design process from beginning to end result, together with being organised and able to track project budgets and keep them on time and on schedule.
Graphic design can cover a multitude of different types of work, many of which I have experience working in:
– Logo or brand creation
– Brand Books / guidelines (a set of design principles to strengthen a business through being consistent in its’ use of the brand)
– Client templates – for example in MS Word or Powerpoint, set up for use by the client in-house
– Publications (e.g. brochures, leaflets, flyers, magazines)
– Print adverts
– Posters / large format prints
– Product packaging
– Online adverts – including animated gifs
– Email newsletters
– eZines or interactive brochures / magazines
– Social Media adverts / posts / templates
Project / Client Management
This can generally be summarised as taking on a job from initial client brief/inception through to brief development, cost and schedule budget agreement, design and production management to final delivered outcome – on time and on budget.
I strive to nurture positive and long-standing client relationships. In a design studio environment, I have been involved in studio management of designers, artworkers, developers, together with external suppliers and freelance staff as and when necessary.
Here are just some of the wide range of clients I have worked for over the years…