1. About this Policy
Thank you for your interest in Oakshed and our services. Your privacy is important to us and we want you to feel comfortable with how we use and share your personal information.
This policy sets out how the parent company of Oakshed and the trading names associated with it handle your personal information, including when and why it is collected, used, disclosed and how it is kept secure.
You will find our contact details at the end of this policy which you can use if you have any questions, including how to update your personal information or make a complaint.
This policy may change so please check our website from time to time to ensure you are happy with any changes.
This Policy was last updated on 20th February 2018
2. Who we are
Oakshed is the company which provide artistic and design goods and services to customers. Oakshed may also trade under the name ‘Oakshed Print’ but the controller of data is always Oakshed.
3. How we use your personal Information
Where you have provided consent
We may use your personal data where you have consented for us to do so for the following purposes:
– To send newsletters, updates or other information of interest to you as requested by you
You may withdraw your consent for us to use your information in any of these ways at any time by contacting us at ‘email@example.com’ or using the unsubscribe option in e-mails.
Where required to perform a contract with you
We may use and process your personal information where it is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or in order to take steps at your request before entering into a contract with you including for the following purposes:
– To discuss potential work and provide quotes and or estimates
– To fulfil contracts and supply goods or services
– To perform billing, and pursuit of any debts owed.
Customer’s personal data held and processed includes: names, addresses, emails and phone numbers.
Where required to comply with our legal obligations
Data may be processed where we are required to do so by legal obligation under common law or statute.
Where there is legitimate interest
We may use and process your personal information where it is necessary for us to pursue our legitimate interests as a business for the following purposes:
– To communicate with our customers or to provide information that we that we believe may be of interest or benefit to them (other than where we rely on your specific consent)
– To contact customers from time to time to seek information and feedback relating to our performance in order to assist us in improving services.
4. Sharing your data
As part of fulfilling a service or contract, certain customer information (as appropriate) may be passed to:
– Couriers or companies where goods are ordered and sent directly to customers.
– Companies to whom we sub contract specialist work (such as printing or sign writing)
– Where this data is processed for email distribution, customer’s email addresses may be uploaded to a bona fide third party email distribution service (such as Mail Chimp) and customer’s data is held and processed by them solely for email delivery purposes.
– Third parties in the event of a legal dispute or for debt recovery purposes where there is a legitimate business reason for us to do so.
5. Further Information
Based on the nature of our business, and for the purposes of processing data, we define a customer as:
– Someone we would reasonably expect to do business with as a result of an enquiry or request,
– Someone who holds a service agreement or is currently in receipt of services.
– Someone who we have done business with previously and we realistically expect to do business with them again in the near future.
As a result, data is held for the period that we would realistically expect to do business with a customer or as is statutorily required.
6. Security of Data
Other than as part of the processing of data as outlined above for consent, contract, legal or legitimate business purposes, we do not sell or pass on customer data to any third parties for their use.
Electronic Data is held by Oakshed on secure servers protected by appropriate firewall and anti-virus measures and backed up regularly. Paper data is held and used in premises which are locked when unoccupied and stored in locked filing cabinets and rooms where appropriate.
7. Your Data Rights
At Oakshed we recognise that customers have rights to their personal data and take the protection of these rights seriously. As a result, we only ever use customer data for the purposes outlined in this privacy notice.
When we provide services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. Where services are delivered on the internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device, for example, your computer or mobile phone. These include small files known as cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personally.